Friday, February 12, 2010

New Identity-Craigslist Rental Scammer---Dr. Arun Gupta (Dept of Radiology Consultant)

I'm a NH Landlord & RE Broker often frustrated by phishing emails, bogus rental inquiries, and craigslist scammers.

Beware the Old Dinosaur Hunter is back using the new identity of Dr Arun Gupta, at St. Mark's Hospital 28 Northwick Park,Watford Road, UK.

Here is a copy of his most recent rental scam I received via email today,2/11/10.

I hope this helps other landlords avoid wasting time with this international scammer!

His email reads:

Hello Kelsey,

Thanks for your mail, i am indeed serious about renting this unit,andi will be willing to offer you 2 months rent,and a year lease to startwith,plus the security deposit in order to secure this unit prior tomy arrival. Could you be kind enough to let me know what theelectricity/utility cost would be?. As i will really need to have thisunit for myself.You can send me the lease and application,to enable meto review it ahead of time. I would eventually have it,fill it up andsigned physically when i arrive. In my opinion,appending signatoriesshould be done properly ,and at best physically. This is an international situation . With this arrangement, myfinancier in the states will be effecting your payment deposit to you.I believe we can work together and ensure every arrangements that weshall both execute in line with my taking up the tenancy should bedone accordingly to ensure we have a proper understanding. In view ofmy work schedule, I'd want us to finalize basic arrangements. I willarrive the united states in 9 days time. If you require any specific information,please let me know or you cancall me on my cell phone, please dial as presented for internationalcalls .

My due regards,

Dr.Arun Gupta (Department of Radiology Consultant Radiologist) St. Mark's Hospital 28 Northwick Park,Watford Road, Harrow,Middlesex HA1 3UJ,United Kingdom . Phone: +44 7031927451 Cell;+447031955140 Fax: +44 7030403330 e mail; argupta011@gmail.com ..... ..to protect human health and the environment

If I can help another prevent this scammer from his fraud, the time it took to post this blog was worthwhile!

Kelsey Nippe
NH Home Team
Owner/Broker
VT & NH Auctioneer
NH Auction License # 5042
Email: KNippe@NHHomeTeam.com
http://www.nhhometeam.com/
http://www.nhforeclosuresforsale.com/

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the headsup.

    On [2010-06-11 01:13:24 -0400] Dr Arun Gupta wrote:
    > Hello Seller,
    > How are you doing today .. please do let me know if you still have your posted car for sale....please do get back to me with the condition and your last asking price for it.
    > Email me on; ARGUPTA011@GMAIL.COM.
    > I await your quick response with more pictures
    >
    > Regards,
    > Dr Gupta.

    6-11-2010 8:14am
    I will be paying you your requested 58k but I will appreciate you quote our agreed price in your next mail for record purpose.What about the title?.

    I will like to make payment asap for your car and I will have my wife send you a check for the full payment for your car and also the shipping agents fee which you will get across to the shipper so that the pickup can be done.

    I will like you to wait for the check to clear before you proceed with shipping. If this is okay, let me know so I can make arrangements to send you the payment next week. Ensure you include your name as it will be on check,the address to send payment to and the phone number to reach you on.
    NOTE; email me back on; argupta011@gmail.com

    Regards
    Dr Gupta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sent me this today...

    I will be paying you your requested 40k but I will appreciate you quote our agreed price in your next mail for record purpose.What about the title?.

    I will like to make payment asap for your car and I will have my wife send you a check for the full payment for your car and also the shipping agents fee which you will get across to the shipper so that the pickup can be done.

    I will like you to wait for the check to clear before you proceed with shipping. If this is okay, let me know so I can make arrangements to send you the payment next week. Ensure you include your name as it will be on check,the address to send payment to and the phone number to reach you on.

    Regards
    Gupta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting; He just about lured me in, but the whole international thing made me leery...
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for posting, he's still at at it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your mail, i am indeed serious about renting this unit,and
    i will be willing to offer you 2 months rent,and a year lease to start
    with,plus the security deposit in order to secure this unit prior to
    my arrival. Could you be kind enough to let me know what the
    electricity/utility cost would be?. As i will really need to have this
    unit for myself.You can send me the lease and application if only
    available,to enable me to review it ahead of time. I would eventually
    have it,fill it up and signed physically when i arrive. In my
    opinion,appending signatories should be done properly ,and at best
    physically.
    This is an international situation . With this arrangement, my
    financier in the states will be effecting your payment deposit to you.
    I believe we can work together and ensure every arrangements that we
    shall both execute in line with my taking up the tenancy should be
    done accordingly to ensure we have a proper understanding. In view of
    my work schedule, I'd want us to finalize basic arrangements. I will
    arrive the united states in 12 days time.
    If you require any specific information,please let me know or you can
    call me on my cell phone, please dial as presented for international
    calls .
    My due regards,

    Dr.Arun Gupta (Department of Radiology Consultant Radiologist)
    St. Mark's Hospital 28 Northwick Park,Watford Road,
    Harrow,Middlesex HA1 3UJ,United Kingdom .
    Phone: +44 7031927451
    Cell;+447031955140
    Fax: +44 7030403330
    e mail; argupta011@gmail.com
    ..... ..to protect human health and the environment

    ReplyDelete
  6. And he is still at it this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kelsey,

    I received a similar response from this fake doc on 1/29/11 on our craigslist rental ad. The deal sounded too sweet so I googled and found your posting. Can't thank you enough for taking the time ... most people dont bother posting and the scammer lives on.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting this, I got a similar offer from this guy for my rental property and immediately googled the email and found your blog. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your post. I got the same scammer letter in response to my ad for an apt. in Pa., where I am a landlord. It raised my suspicions immediately. It's too bad other people continue to be badgered by these goons, wherever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kelsey,
    I'm another one! Here is the e-mail from "Dr.Gupta" sent to me 2.17.2011
    Best of luck to everyone here!

    Sarka

    Hello Sarka,
    Thanks for your mail, i am indeed serious about renting this
    unit,and i will be willing to offer you 2 months rent,and a year lease
    to start with,plus the security deposit in order to secure this unit
    prior to my arrival. Could you be kind enough to let me know what the
    electricity/utility cost would be?. As i will really need to have this
    unit for myself.You can send me the lease and application if only
    available,to enable me to review it ahead of time. I would eventually
    have it,fill it up and signed physically when i arrive. In my
    opinion,appending signatories should be done properly ,and at best
    physically. This is an international situation . With this
    arrangement, my financier in the states will be effecting your payment
    deposit to you. I believe we can work together and ensure every
    arrangements that we shall both execute in line with my taking up the
    tenancy should be done accordingly to ensure we have a proper
    understanding. In view of my work schedule, I'd want us to finalize
    basic arrangements. I will arrive the united states in 12 days time.
    If you require any specific information,please let me know or you can
    call me on my cell phone, please dial as presented for international
    calls .
    My due regards,

    Dr.Arun Gupta (Department of Radiology Consultant Radiologist)
    St. Mark's Hospital 28 Northwick Park,Watford Road,
    Harrow,Middlesex HA1 3UJ,United Kingdom .
    Cell;+447024099410
    Fax: +44 7030403330
    E-mail; argupta011@gmail.com
    ..... ..... ..to protect human health and the environment

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hah, I have a Dr. Arun Gupta wanting to rent a room in my home in Sacramento California. Guy really gets around, doesn't he? Thanks for the post, glad to know this is a scam and I can start ignoring his emails.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just got one from this dude! Email has "Scam" written all over it, so decided to "google" him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The crazy thing is there is a real Dr.Arun Gupta at St.Mark's!!

    ReplyDelete